Wednesday 5 March 2014

Girlfriend

Last year, my friend upgraded his GirlFriend 3.1 to GirlFriendPlus1.0
(marketing name: Fiancee1.0).


Recently he upgraded Fiancee1.0 to Wife1.0 and it’s a memory hogger, has taken
all his space; and Wife1.0 must be running before he can do anything. Although
he didn’t ask for them, Wife1.0 came with Plug-Ins such as MotherInLaw and
BrotherInLaw.


Some features I’d like to see in the upcoming GirlFriend4.0.
– A “Don’t remind me again” button
– Minimize button
– Shutdown feature – An install shield feature so that Girlfriend4.0 can be
completely uninstalled if so desired (so you don’t lose cache and other objects)


I tried running Girlfriend 2.0 with Girlfriend 1.0 still installed, they
tried using the same I/O port and conflicted. Then I tried to uninstall
Girlfriend 1.0 but it didn’t have
an uninstall program. I tried to uninstall it by hand, but it put files in my
system directory.


Another thing that sucks — in all versions of Girlfriend that I’ve used is
that it is totally “object orientated” and only supports hardware with gold
plated contacts.



Girlfriend

No comments:

Post a Comment